The Preferred Replacement for HCFCs
Enovate 245fa liquid blowing agent has been successfully used in a wide variety of closed-cell spray polyurethane foam (ccSPF) systems and applications across the globe. Its superior thermal insulating characteristics, physical properties and compatibility with other materials make it an ideal foam blowing agent for rigid polyurethane foams. Enovate provides outstanding long-term, energy efficient foam insulation.
Enovate key characteristics:
- Non-ozone depleting
- Listed under the Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) as a suitable replacement in all foam applications
- Non-VOC (U.S.)
- Low toxicity
- Produces foam with exceptional R-value and air sealing properties
- Easy to use
- Compatible with commonly used polyurethane processing equipment
Foams formulated with Enovate generally have thermal properties equivalent to those of HCFC-141b foams and better dimensional stability and compressive strength properties.
Conversion Simplified with Minimal Cost
Enovate is a nonflammable liquid that can be easily and rapidly deployed with most existing foam equipment, regardless of the current foam blowing agent used.
- A near drop-in replacement for HCFC-141b, HCFC-22 and other foam blowing agents
- Typically requires little or no equipment modification for conversion, reducing capital costs
- Is nonflammable — risk mitigation equipment usually not required
Honeywell’s technical experts can advise you on any minor modifications that may be required to raw materials storage or foam processing equipment to ensure health, safety and environmental compliance.
We offer assistance to all businesses considering conversion on handling, transport, storage, in addition to a comprehensive conversion manual.
Contact us to request a copy or to learn more about how Enovate can lower your conversion costs.
Enovate Gets Along Well With Others
Enovate foam blowing agent is non-reactive and non-corrosive toward all commonly used metals in polyurethane processing equipment. This includes carbon steel, stainless steel, copper and brass.
Enovate gets along with:
- Plastics and elastomers (less aggressive than HCFC-141b)
- Gaskets and seals that accommodate HCFC-141b
Download our technical brochure to review results of Enovate use with plastics and elastomers.
Increase Safety, Simplify Handling and Minimize Cost
Non-ozone-depleting Enovate 245fa enables superior foam insulating performance and is nonflammable.
Along with increased worker safety, nonflammability can provide cost savings through:
- No flammability risk mitigation for shipment, storage, handling and processing
- Reduced risks to manufacturing facility and neighboring structures
Flammable foam blowing agents, such as cyclopentane, require flammability risk mitigation, which can add significant capital costs.
Enovate is nonflammable by ASTM E-681 test method.
Contact us to learn more about the safety properties of Enovate.
An Ideal Solution Offering Environmental Benefits
Enovate is a fluorinated hydrocarbon (HFC). It is non-ozone depleting and non-flammable – a balanced solution to today’s environmental challenges. This foam blowing agent was designed to offer environmental and performance advantages over HCFC-141b, which is being phased out in compliance with the Montreal Protocol.
Additional regulatory and environmental information can be found in our Enovate technical brochure
Explore the wide array of polyurethane foam applications using Enovate and realize the significant energy efficiency benefits from exceptional insulating and air sealing properties.